Monday 5 September 2011

Triathlon - Am I Crazy?!?

So after a bad weekend of eating and drinking down in Melbourne this week has started off well. Last year I had thought about signing up for a novice triathlon training program, but due to my sprained ankle that idea was quickly pushed aside, the year before I didn't get a chance to sign up because I was overseas for the start of all the programs I knew of. So now I've contacted the club and it all kicks of next week - just in time for the start of the 12WBT!

The training program is hectic to say the least around 4 sessions a week of bike, run and swim....I used to swim in high school and I'm not too worried about getting back into that, but I've never really been much into riding although I do have a reasonably good bike sitting in the spare room gathering dust (might have to bring it out over the weekend), running is what I'm most worried about - put me on a playing field and I can run all day (ok well maybe for an hour or two), but running just for the 'enjoyment' of it isn't really my thing although I've always wished it was.

Anyway next tuesday night is the introduction night, should be interesting - then Thursday morning at 6am we have our first session - run oh joy lol.

The program runs for 10 weeks - so it's pretty much perfect for the 12wbt, it is supposed to conclude with the first novice triathlon on the 6th of November, but I'm already booked on a cruise over that weekend so I'll miss out - so my first official race will likely be the weekend of 17th / 18th of December which will be a 300m Swim / 11km Bike / 2km Run, the final novice triathlon of the summer is in march - 400m Swim / 15km Bike / 4km Run - so that is now my 6 month goal .

It's all a little scary but hopefully I'll be able to keep with it and achieve some good results.

Kritta

No comments:

Post a Comment